What We Treat
Dr. Richard A. Wandzel specializes in treating disorders of the ears, nose, and throat and is board-certified. He has over 25 years of experience treating patients of all ages, from young infants to the elderly, in Livingston and Oakland counties, Michigan. Dr. Wandzel's goal is to use the least invasive means possible to achieve maximum symptom relief for each patient. When surgical treatment is required, Dr. Wandzel uses trusted techniques and current technology to provide positive, reliable outcomes for his patients.
Dr. Wandzel is skilled & experienced in treating a variety of ears-nose-throat problems, such as:
- snoring/sleep apnea
- recurrent sinus infections
- allergic rhinitis
- salivary gland stones/inflammation
- diseases of the salivary glands
- ear infections
- throat infections
- altered sense of taste and/or smell
- facial lesions/moles
- anosmia (loss of smell)
- trauma (nasal/facial bone fractures, scars, torn earlobes)
- many diseases and disorders of the head and neck
Some symptoms require Dr. Wandzel to recommend surgical intervention. For example:
Nasal and Sinus Surgeries
- maxillary antrostomy
- vocal cord polypectomy
- tubes (tympanostomy, myringotomy)
- repairing hole in eardrum (tympanoplasty or tape myringoplasty)
Every beautiful face needs a beautiful nose!
Dr. Wandzel is also board certified in plastic surgery, and can perform a variety of cosmetic surgeries and procedures.
Some examples are rhinoplasties, facelifts, and blepharoplasties (eyelids).
back to top